Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Real Moments- Growing on the farm

A friend asked me yesterday how I was. I thought I would share my reply as a “real moment” in our home.

With much love,

Mrs. Joseph Wood

The Wood family is all doing well. We are busy pulling weeds today. Lord willing, we are going to the lake tomorrow as a treat for our hard work.

We have two new Jersey's here on the farm. They are expected to calve within the month and then another one in August. We trust the Lord to help us. It is our first time to be part of a cow's birth. The goats are doing well. It's been a rough year for us. We were graciously given some goats from Sue Huston, the KGBA president. These goats came from her grand champions and for some reason, that we still are unaware of three of them have died. Our vet did an autopsy on the last one for us to try and figure out what was going wrong. He wasn't able to find any bacteria, virus or malformation that would be doing this. We have to trust the Lord and just do our best.... having peace in our hearts about that is a lesson we have been learning. One of our sheep was lost, stolen or taken by a wild animal- all we know is that she is no where around. We were outside on the porch as they grazed in the white fenced area and we don't know what happened to her. We looked for her for hours and finally had to call it quits when it was too dark to see. We can't stop thinking about her. A neighbor asked if the ewe would be able to find us. I really don't know if sheep know how to get back home...but my reaction was well, I haven't moved! I'm still here, still offering her food, protection and lodging. I am still here eager to show her tender care. I haven't gone anywhere, she left me! I thought about how that must be the way it is with God. He is always there offering us refuge, tender care and loving provision. He never leaves us but we do wonder away.... and even in that He is faithful to look for us. So we searched and searched to no avail. Last night as the children and I sat on the front porch we could hear the coyotes off in the distance. We all thought about "Faith" the ewe that wondered. My heart felt heavy... Farm life teaches me a great deal about myself, my God and my relationship with him. I see him work miracles on the farm, offer mercies that we don't deserve, teach us and give us a peace that comes from resting in Him. The Wood family is doing good dear friend...growing on the farm!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your sheep. We lost 6 ducks last week-they belonged to my 5 yr old. We found the remains of one of them, but not the rest. Farm-rural life sure does teach tough lessons sometimes. Love, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your lost sheep :-( - what a powerful picture it paints of God and his children. Thank you for taking us there and making it so relevant to us.

    You'd be so proud of me this weekend! I started my VERY first garden!! It felt so good to dig into the dirt and plant our little seedlings and seeds.

    Let me be honest, I have NO clue if anything will really come up or if I can keep them alive! So it's trial and error this year.

    I planted tomatoes, green peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, carrots, corn, green beans and strawberries.

    I'm sore! lol! Which makes me laugh because I work out all the time but never used some of those muscles I guess!!!

    Thanks for the inspiration! This city girl is working on become a farm girl - one baby step at a time!

    Love ya,
    Courtney
    http://www.womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete