Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Sunday, June 20, 2010

Real Moments- A father’s life shows us the Father’s love

Happy Father’s day to the two most important men in my life!!

bekahgrandpa I love to tell my children of the love of their grandpa to me as a child. I tell them how he was strong in character, how he was consistent in his love for me, how he always tried to protect me, how he sacrificed daily so that my life might be better, how he tenderly cared for me when I had fevers that caused many trips to the E.R., how he was faithful to discipline even when I tested the very fiber of his faith. I humbly share with them how my sin caused separation in our relationship and how that relationship was restored, beyond my greatest dreams, when I repented. Do you notice a resemblance here? I didn’t as a child but as an adult I can’t miss it! My father was and continues to display a reflection of who our Heavenly Father is. He was never a daddy that I had wrapped around my finger, that would overlook my need for correction. He was never a daddy that would neglect me or not take time to hold me. He carried the stress of the world on His back yet he always had time for me. He was/is always involved in my life! Even when I didn’t realize my need for him or appreciate all he had done for me… he remained faithful, steadfast in praying for his daughter and waiting with confidence that God would return his daughter to him.

As I sit here today, everywhere I look I see my father’s love! I see his selfless sacrifice that he still makes daily for his family. I see him invest in my husband and love my husband as if he was his own son. I talk to him, almost daily, and he listens as I share the moments of my life with him. I feel his love no matter how far my journeys take me. I walk through life with such an awareness of God’s love because of my fathers love! I am blessed! I know that what I have is a gift and I thank the Lord for it daily!!

IMG_3983 I married a man just like my father. A man that adores me and calls me his Sunshine. A man that I call, “My Dear Joe.”  A man that daily makes sacrifices for his children and his wife. A man that loves unconditionally, powerfully and tenderly! A man that displays the love of Christ for the body through his love for me. My children grow in a home where they too see the love of their Father displayed in real life moments through their father and grandfather! Just like God wants it to be!

Happy Father’s Day to you Daddy! I love you! I long for the day that you and momma come to live with us here in KS. When we can walk the property and talk, laugh, work and dream. Thank you for all you do for your family. It never goes unnoticed!

To my dear Joe… I love you! I love spending every day with you… the good ones, bad ones, hard ones and easy ones. Each day is better because you are in my life and the father of our children! Thank you for all you sacrifice for us. May the Lord cause all you do to prosper!

With much love,

Mrs. Joseph Wood (aka to my daddy as: His Punkin. aka to my Joe as: His Sunshine)

No comments:

Post a Comment