Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Monday, June 14, 2010

A Moment with M.O.M.- Waiting with Confidence

Today, I find myself in bed waiting for a back to heal. I’m not very good at waiting. In fact, if there was one major issue in my life that I would like to improve it would be my ability to wait with a cheerful and confident heart. See, there are many issues in my life that seem to be in the “waiting stage”. I am waiting for God to provide healing to my mom who battles cancer, not one but three different types of cancer. I wait for the Lord to bring them to KS to live here with us on the property, I wait for my Joe’s work to improve, I wait to sell some animals, and the list could go on and on. I know that I can wait safely for Him to reveal His plan and make provision for His people. Yet, in the heat of the moment I am often an ill mannered child crying out and questioning what’s taking Him so long. In the midst of the waiting I often find myself focused on my flesh instead of what is eternal. It is in those moments that I am reminded of the passage in Psalms 131:2  Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child. I desire to behave myself, quiet myself, and conduct myself in a way that makes my God smile as He looks down upon me. I don’t want to be one of His ‘high need’ children, although I think I often am. I long to wait in whatever the situation may be and focus on Him instead of me.  I believe that in these moments I am learning to behave myself as this weaned child. I believe that it is in these moments that I learn more about Him and see less desire for “me”.  I believe that while I may find moments of waiting inconvenient, unpleasant, and sometimes even painful I am growing into the exact person that I pray to be. And so, I wait. I wait with confidence that I do not wait in vain. I wait with a Hope that He can/will heal, I wait with assurance that He will provide and make a way when there is no other way. I quiet my flesh and I whisper… “wait”.

How are you dear friend? Are you waiting for God to do something in your life too? Are you waiting as this weaned child? Let us wait in confidence together!

With much Love,

Mrs. Joseph Wood

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my precious child, my heart leaps out to touch you and hold you in my arms. But you know we are in the waiting phase of God's plans for us too.

    I encourage you to look to His blessings of the past when your waiting came to fruition. Remember the good things that grew in your heart and remember the eternal effects that will never be taken away.

    And remember His word in Habakuk that tells us that He will make it come to pass at the perfect time (paraphrasing) Habakuk 2:1-4 I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved. And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

    I love you dear one. May God grant to you the heart desire and requests you make known to Him; and may your storehouses overflow with His blessings.

    Love, Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was saddened to hear your mom has cancer, I will be praying for her. My mom went to be with the LORD a year and a half ago. It was the worst time of my life and I miss her so much. I found your site through the deliberate agrarian and then realized you are the same lady I have been writing to in topeka who invited me for a visit. This is Tracy in junction city kansas.GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR BEAUTIFUL MOMMA.

    ReplyDelete