Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Moment with M.O.M.- The expanded Bible

New Testament- The expanded Bible

Study the Bible While You Read

Thomas Nelson Publishers

The expanded Bible is not a typical Bible translation. Based off the New Century Version, the Scriptures are written in bold with a variety of reference works written in brackets to increase the readers study and understanding of the passage. For our family, we prefer the KJV or the New Geneva translation of Scriptures. Therefore, I found the text uncomfortable for me to read. I have memorized passages of Scripture and it is a bit of an obstacle to hear them or read them in another translation. However, the fact that Bible study tools had been included line by line in this text was intriguing to me. Thinking that I was perhaps stuck in my own ways of study, I asked my son, who is 21 years of age, what his opinion of the book was. At first he was excited as he thumbed through it and considered all the extra references that were included yet, after a few days of using the text he replied, “It is like trying to read the Bible and getting interrupted every few seconds.” Based off of his opinion and my personal review of, The expanded Bible, I would conclude that some families may find this as helpful resources but not as friendly as their only source of text for Bible reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment