Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Moment in Proverbs 8/11/09

Proverbs 11: 22

As a jewel of god in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.


As we teach our girls to care for themselves in the way they look we must be diligent to instruct them in how to dress the heart! Doorposts offers two doll kits that I have enjoyed doing with my girls over the years. The first is the Ruby Doll which is a study of the Proverbs 31 woman. The second kit is, The Goldie Doll that teaches about true beauty. I believe that we must talk to our girls about being women of discretion throughout the journey. I have enjoyed these creative resources that helped make the process of learning delightful! Another resource my children still love to this day is the music by Judy Rogers. I would highly recommend her CD, Teach Me While My Heart Is Tender. She has a song called, Isabelle is a Pig that goes right along with this verse and is a fun ways for our girls to consider their behavior.


For more information on the doll kits and other child training tools visit Doorposts: www.doorposts.net


For music offered by Judy Rogers you can visit: www.judyrogers.com

Some of our favorite CD's are:

Teach me while my heart is tender

Why Can't I See God

Go To the Ant and Guard Your Heart

1 comment:

  1. These dolls sound interesting! I'm gonna have to go check these out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete