Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the younger women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.




Monday, July 6, 2009

A Moment in Proverbs 7/6/09

Proverbs 6: 23
For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light and reproofs of instuction are the way of life:

This chapter of Proverbs is one of my favorites! I want to teach my children to hold fast to instruction (Proverbs 4: 13) through my personal example. The children learn so much by watching me- sometimes good and sometimes not so good. When I read this verse I ponder, "Do the children see my instruction as just a set of rules or do they view them as light, a lamp and the way of life?" Much of how they view my instruction will be a relection of how they see me viewing God's instruction as well as my husbands! How do I respond when I am corrected? Do I humble myself or proudly respond with excuses? Do I daily spend time in the Word to find light for the day? The longer I travel this journey the more convinced I am that I can not go a single day without His lamp to light the way (Psm. 119:105).

May we each consider our example and reflect His Truth!
With much love,
Mrs. Joseph Wood


No comments:

Post a Comment